Side note: To give you an idea of how frustrating genealogy research can be, the parents of John Wall, William Wall and Susannah Goddard, offer a prime example. Only Susannah's name appears on the entry for their marriage in the RI Vital Records!
Patience Pierce / Pearce (Daniel-3, Daniel-2, John-1) was born on 21 Nov 1728 in Portsmouth, Rhode Island, British America. She was also known as Patience Wall.4
Patience Pierce / Pearce and Barney Wade were married on 17 Nov 1767 in Newport, Newport, Rhode Island, British America.5
Barney Wade was born (date unknown).
Patience Pierce / Pearce and John Wall were married circa 1748 in Warwick, Rhode Island, British America.4,6
John Wall, son of William Wall and Susanna Goddard, was born on 17 Feb 1723/4 in Warwick, Kent Co., Rhode Island.7–8 He died circa 1767 at the age of 43 in Rhode Island.
John Wall and Patience Pierce / Pearce had the following children:
1. Gen. T.L. Casey, "Some Descendants of John Pearce [Mason] of Portsmouth, RI," article, Internet Archive, Archive.com (www.archive.com : accessed 10 June 2017), Pearce Family; pp. 129-143; citing prior publication in Magazine of New England History (July 1891).
2. Find a Grave, "John Pearce," database, Find a Grave (www.findagrave.com : accessed 21 June 2017), John Pearce bio.
3. Daniel Gould Allen & Edward A. Claypool, Allen - Gould - Hill -Descendants of William Allen of Prudence Island, 1660: Including Descendants of Jeremy Gould of Newport, 1630 & Jonathan Hill of Prudence Island, 1657 (Chicago, IL: Edward A. Claypool, 1908), 30-31; digital images, World Vital Records, (www.worldvitalrecords.com : accessed 20 June 2017.
4. Adelos Gorton, The Life and Times of Samuel Gorton (George S. Ferguson, Philadelphia, PA, 1907).
5. Newport, Rhode Island, Rhode Island Vital Extracts, Vol. 4, 358, Patience Pearce 2nd marriage, 17 November 1767; digital images, Ancestry, Ancestry.com (www.ancestry.com : accessed ).
6. Newport, Rhode Island, Rhode Island Vital Extracts, Vol. 4, 9, Susanna Goddard marriage, 1 December 1720.
7. James N. Arnold, Rhode Island Vital Records 1636 - 1850, Volume I by James N. Arnold, Volume: 1 (Narragansett Historical, Providence, RI, 1891 - 1912), p. 207.
8. unknown, Representativ Men and Old Families of Rhode Island: Genealogical Records and Historical Sketches of Prominent and Representative Citizens and Many of the Old Families, Volume: 1 (J. H. Beers, Chicago, IL, 1908), p. 239.
9. Boston Transcript [Genealogy Queries]: 4. Wall, Location: Genealogy Queries, Page: ?? (31 December 1923).