Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Updating My Graet-grandfather's Siblings: Update

After a few days off, I'm back. I mentioned earlier that I was updating my great-grandfather's brothers and sisters for the Prall Family Newsletter. The task is finished!

My original family group record for the 10 siblings had more holes in it than a piece of Swiss cheese. Exact birth, marriage and death dates were missing for several people, including a number of their children.

I now have the birth and death dates for all 10. The full date was located for nearly everyone, if not, at least the month and year. I was able to locate the marriage dates and places for all 10, except one of the girls' first marriage.

The kids were a different story! A lot of new information was uncovered on the youngsters. Still, details are missing on several. Exact birth, marriage and death dates were not located in a number of cases. Even spouse [husbands, generally] names were hard to come by in several instances.

All in all, it was a worthwhile exercise. A good deal of new information is now ready to be entered into the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment