Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Aaarrggh! Almost enough information....

One of my brick walls is Hester Jane or Jane Hester Moore who married James Morris Simmons in Warren Co., OH in 1826. They are my 2nd great-grandparents.

The other day, I was checking to see if anything new had cropped up on Hester Jane. On Family Search, the detailed marriage record book has been digitized. This record had been a gold mine for my Crousore/Smith research. [Jacob Crousore's father was named, as were Ama Jimima Smith's brother & father.]

For James, the record showed "of legal age by oath" and for Jane H., "with consent of her father, present."

Aaarrggh! Why couldn't the clerk have slipped in the name of her father?!

I guess names weren't big in the Moore family. In the Crown Point Cemetery records [Kokomo, IN], Hester is shown only as "Mrs. James M. Simmons."

No comments:

Post a Comment