Monday, August 21, 2017

Researc Book Recommendation!

As I plow through several English lines, I am beginning to rely on Plantagenet Ancestry by Douglas Richardson [Genealogical Pub. Co., Baltimore, 2004]. Mr. Richardson tackled the task of  tracking about 190 17th century North American families descended from the Plantagenet dynasty of England [1154 - 1485].

My first encounter with the book was when I was trying to prove my Welsh Quaker line allegedly descended from King John. I had the proposed lineage courtesy of Gary Boyd Roberts' Royal Descent of 600 American Colonists. [Another highly recommended resource!] Plantagenet Ancestry backed up Roberts' work.

If you have English ancestry - and that covers a large percentage of us - this is a terrific book to use in tracing your "noble" roots. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment