Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy [Belated] New Year!

The blog has been neglected again by the holidays! [sigh!]

 When last I posted, overseas destination were due up. England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland for starters.

Ireland focus: Counties Cork and Donegal are my two destinations. In both cases I have limited data on my O'Neils and McHughs. I also understand that Donegal is a tough place to research. I think a leisurely train ride from south to north would be in order.

Scotland? Dstinations unknown at this time. I hope to know more after the Salt Lake trip. Possibly Argyle.

Wales: Merionethshire [Rogers, Evans, Pugh], Glamorgan and Monmouthshire [Thomas].

England - an extensive journey. Yorkshire to Hampshire and elsewhere. My most recent immigrant family, the Simmons clan, probably came from Hampshire, so that could be a starting point.

Time to start preparing for Salt Lake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment