Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas blog readers! Most families have their Christmas traditions. I thought I'd relate my own from many ages past.

In the days before Christmas, I had visited at least one Santa and sent off a letter to the North Pole. Bob Steele's Hobby Shop in Irvington and Sears Toy Department at Eastgate Mall were two of my favorite stops to add to my wish list.

Christmas Eve: We would open presents from family and friends. I would get to open the presents Mom and Pop got me. I'd set out Coke and cookies for Santa and go to bed.

Christmas Day: I would get up early and tie into the presents that Santa left. For a few years my grandmother and her sister and brother-in-law would come over for the turkey dinner.

[Footnote: Pop was up until the wee hours Christmas Eve assembling various forts and such. Odd that Pop and Santa liked Coke and cookies.] :)-

No comments:

Post a Comment