Monday, December 21, 2015

Return to Pennsylvania

One area of research that I have neglected in Pennsylvania is that of my Quaker ancestors. The Quaker records collection at Swarthmore College is a potential goldmine. In Philadelphia, return trips to the Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania and Historical Society of Pennsylvania.

Since I recently visited the historic district, that would be on the back burner. I would like to take in Historic Rittenhouse Town and Washington's Crossing.

Western PA would call for a return trip to Fayette County. The library and court house in Uniontown are primary repositories. My Faucett, Crousore, Simmons and possibly Hostetler families. As there was some overlap, Washington County repositories would be on the trip itinerary. That would include the Genealogical Society of Southwestern Pennsylvania.

Side trips? Perhaps revisiting the local sites covering 1753-1781? I've seen them before, but it has been awhile. Maybe find the location of the tavern operated by my Simmons family.

No comments:

Post a Comment