Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Salt Lake Preperations

Well, the time has come to get ready for the Salt Lake Institute next week. I copied off information from several websites relating to my "Dunbar Prisoner" ancestor, Malcolm MacCallum and/or the Lynn [Saugus] Iron Works.

MacCallum and a number of other young Scots who were captured at Dunbar by Cromwell's army in 1650, were indentured to several New England iron works. The week will be dedicated to learning about MacCallum's years in the Massachusetts Bay Colony.

SLIG is introducing several new feature this year. One of those is a Wednesday evening event at the Family History Library that includes a few classes and regional consultation sessions along with a social gathering and research time. I learned yesterday that I am scheduled for a consultation session. That will give me a chance to try to get some assistance on a research problem in my girlfriend's family.

I still have to print my Problem Solving report and study a bit on my research. Of course there's a few non-research tasks to complete - like packing and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment