Friday, June 24, 2016

Salt Lake City trips before the Salt Lake Institute

Two or three times during the 1990s, I made trips to the Family History Library. My 1st trip was primarily designed to find Cornelius Prall Sr.'s estate settlement from 1819. Not only was I able to find the settlement, I discovered 2 or 3 more kids! Cornelius had died in 1813, but the estate was settled in 1819. That led to a mess in determining his family. Kids were assigned to wrong parents, left out completely or became siblings over the years.

My others trips were less organized. I had goals each time, but the FHL is like a candy shop - you go in for lemon drops, but the Tootsie Rolls, peppermint sticks and other items look good too! It's hard to keep your focus.

That's why I fell in love with the Problem Solving course at SLIG - one project to focus on for 5 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment