Friday, January 12, 2018

Reasons to organize your files: misplacing vital information

Back when I was scheduling my trip to Pendleton Co., KY to research the Crails, Berrys and other families, one of the pieces of information I wanted to reexamine was a timeline report that I had generated on the Crail family back in  February 2011. This report was a follow-up to my Salt Lake Problem Solving project that January.

I was unable to locate the report. The other day I was googling James Berry Crail, Sr.  and Margaret Stewart. One of the hits was my own blog from 2016. I had posted the report over about 4 days. It was hard to read since I typed each timeline in a different color.

The search was renewed for the report. I located it among a stack of Prall Family newsletters and other materials. It had been there since I scanned it to the blog.

My point?

Organize your genealogy materials and file them on a regular basis!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment