On one of my "let's see what turns up" searches, I did a search for Thomas Land to see if anything "new" turned up on his lineage. One possibility came up:
(1) Francis Land [bef. 1584 Tiverton, Devon, Eng - died same place] m. ????
(2) Francis II [c1604 Tiverton - 1656-9 Lower Norfolk, VA] m. c1638 Frances _______
(3) Renatus [1641-4 Lower Norfolk, VA - 1 Oct 1680 Prince Anne, VA m. Frances Keeling - c1665
(4) Robert [1665 VA - ????] m. ????
(5) Edward [c1710 Princess Anne, VA - aft 1785] m. Phebe Bonney
(6) Thomas [1734-1832] m. Anna Sumter
Now all I have to do is prove the line!