Thursday, February 12, 2015

Upon further review......

SIGH! There's nothing like having your bubble burst! I was just about convinced that I had the parents of Pathiah Standiford identified until I examined the date of birth [1735] and compared it with the marriage date [1773]. Pathiah would have been 38 when she married James Cunningham and about 53 when her last of six children was born - say, 1786. Those numbers just don't work!

 Pathiah would probably have been between 18 and 23 when she married in 1773 [b. 1750-1755]. That means another generation of Standifords now sneaks into the picture, or at least a younger sibling of Samuel [the possible father, or so I thought!]

When you think you have a line figured out, double-check your available sources - strong, weak, or otherwise, to make sure.

As for  me?
Back to the drawing board!

No comments:

Post a Comment