Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Cunningham and Standiford

It's amazing how suddenly the flood waters break through the levee. I'd say brick wall, but sometimes a new find throws up another level of bricks!

Last week I was searching for my Cunningham ancestors and came across an assortment of trees, some with attached records, that take my Cunninghams back at least another generation. Today, I continued my search on the Standiford side of the family and came across a handful of possible lineages and enough evidence to convince me that I had the Standiford ancestry screwed up, which I suspected anyway.

As a result, I can add a generation to the Cunninghams and a new family [Treadway]. On the Standiford side, a couple of new families and the fun of sorting out which lineage - if any - is the correct one for the family.

It appears that the Cunninghams were from Scotland, not much of a reach. As for the Standifords, the Scottish Lowlands or northern England appear to be origin options.

Once I get everything sorted out to my satisfaction, then I can go back and update those family timelines!

No comments:

Post a Comment