Thursday, April 21, 2016

Special Genealogy Moments

Over the 26 years of research, here are some of my favorite moments, in no particular order.

1) I had given up finding the gravestones for Joseph and Rebecca Faucett at Shiloh Cemetery. As I headed back to the car, I caught the name Rebecca out of the corner of my eye. "Hey! Here we are!"

2) Finding the long sought after details on the death of Captain Zachariah Rhodes at the NEHGS Library in Boston. A long, weird search!

3) Being contacted by descendants of John Simmons, my ggm's brother. The family story had him with TR in Cuba. Reality placed him in the Philippines.

4) Receiving a packet of documents in the mail from a fellow Prall researcher that tied Cornelius Prall Sr. to his father, Aaron Prall. We knew they were father and son, but previously lacked proof.

5) Solving some of my tougher brick wall problems at the Salt Lake Institute.

6-10) Finding any new documentation on ancestors!

No comments:

Post a Comment