Monday, April 17, 2023

Possible Incorrect Information: Hiram Boyles

 Well, sometimes a record looks like it fits and doesn't. Such appears to be the case with Hiram Boyles.

A Civil War death record for a Hiram Boyles has been added to my tree and numerous others, but it is not the death record for the Hiram Boyles who served with the 82nd Indiana.

The record references a Hiram Boyles who served with the 70th Indiana and died at Resaca, GA in May 1864.

My Hiram didn't mister in until September 1864 and died at Savannah, GA in early 1865. Indiana State Archives online record for Hiram gives the "final date" as 15 January 1865, so he had died by that date.

Sorry folks, sloppy research. Best to start from scratch, I guess. I've written the IN Archives for Hiram's record and will update when I received additional info.

No comments:

Post a Comment