Thursday, April 20, 2023

"Convenient Research" on Both Sides of the Family

 Researching my birth family comes with some advantages. On both sides Pennsylvania, Virginia and Kentucky are common residences on both sides. Scottish ancestry is common to both sides of the family.

What really makes it convenient is that my maternal line has a limited number of families to research. My grandparents were first cousins. That narrows the number of families to research.

The majority of the families in my paternal line settled in Knox Co., Indiana. Although they originated in other states or countries, they primarily ended up in one location. [I just need to get down to Vincennes and research all of those families!]

When I was researching my adopted family, things didn't come together until the early 1900s when the Pralls, McHughs, Faucetts, Crails and Cawbys started arriving in Indianapolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment