Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Oh, Oh! Bit by the Horatio Gates Somersby Bug! [I was very inexprienced then!]

I have written about the Somersby issue before. I was caught by the "curse" early in my research career in reference to the Arnold family.

My compilation begins with Roger Arnold [b. 1442] and ends with Joanna Arnold [1616/7 - 1693]. Mr. Somersby had created a rather interesting pedigree for Joanna's father, William, the immigrant.
Fortunately, I did not include Somersby's royal Welsh lineage!

The Arnold lineage now includes a mere three generations. Joanna, who married Zachariah Rhodes; William Arnold and Christian Peake and William's parents - Nicholas Arnold and Alice Gullay.

The earlier generations were added by Mr. Somersby with a little juggling and creativity, as was his M.O.

I will have more on the "Arnold Hoax" and the amended Arnold generations shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment