Thursday, August 16, 2018

Acie Family update

I finally began looking into the ancestral families. Acie was up first. I discovered I had very little documentation and conflicting information on Abigail Acie, who married John Remington, being the daughter of William and Margaret [Haiton] Acie.

The search led me to a 1948 article in the American Genealogist entitled The English Ancestry of  William Ayce of Rowley, Massachusetts [Tracy Hazen & Donald Lines Jacobus]. The article was a collection of wills, baptisms, marriages and burials for the Ayce family in Kirk Ella and Cottingham, Yorkshire, England. Abigail's baptism was among them.

I also came across Patricia Law Hatcher's Focus on Rowley and Ezekiel Rogers' Company in the Gteat Migration Newsletter, Vol. 118. The article identified the Rowley, MA settlers and included bits of background info on them. Several of my families were mentioned, including Acie and Remington.

All in all, a nice start on updating the Acie family. Details forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment