Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Organizing files

By no means do I feel that my organization format is at the top of the list. I started out with my format in ignorant bliss back about 1993, when I finally had enough material to warrant organizing.

Go with mine. if you like it.

Other folks use hanging file folders. Many recommend having one folder per person and a cross-referencing system for families. This generally calls for 3-4 copies of each document [his, hers and each family].

Some researchers swear by doing all of the filing on computer, similar to the one folder per person idea. That way you can back it up more easily.

If mother nature took out her wrath on me, I'd just about have to give up researching! All of that paper destroyed! I would still have my data on the computer, but the loss would be devastating!

Develop a plan or look for articles on file organization for genealogists.

No comments:

Post a Comment