Thursday, October 19, 2017

The Best Laid Plans......

Well, I had grand plans for my Kentucky research trip: A stop at the Campbell Co. Genealogical & Historical Society Library in Alexandria, followed by a visit to the Pendleton Co. Library in Falmouth. I would be looking for information on the Crail, Berry and Mullins families. [The latter for my girlfriend.]

I received an email on Wednesday that the Courthouse in Alexandria was being renovated and the CCHGS, housed there would be closed until sometime in November. Argh!

So that left the library in Falmouth. I was able to access the "Pioneers of Pendleton County, KY" & copied the pages covering the above named families. Added to that was information on a few allied families. The library held abstracted tax and court records, as well.

It was not the haul I had hoped for, but a nice haul nonetheless. Details forthcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment