Saturday, October 21, 2017

Research Trip Results: Mullins & Thrasher

While doing research on my Pendleton Co., KY families, I discovered that my girlfriend's Mullins family resided there as well. In fact, one of her ancestor's brothers married a daughter of Joel Berry - brother to my Elizabeth Berry Crail!

I turned up more on the Mullins origin, French Huguenot here, although, based on other research the Mullins clan may have had Irish roots. Not much new information turned up on the first fairly well documented member of the family, Matthew. I did find a nice bio on his son, Gabriel, which included some background on Gabriel's wife, Rachel Ballard, and her family. Gabriel's son, Stephen, also had a short bio in Pioneers of Pendleton County.

Pioneers also included a little info on Stephen's wife's family, the Thrashers. Stephen married Nancy Thrasher. Nancy's father, John, was buried in the Thrasher Farm Cemetery - a burial ground not only for the Thrashers, but a handful of other local families.

Among the Pendleton pioneers buried at Thrasher Farm was my Thomas Crail.

No comments:

Post a Comment