Friday, January 3, 2014

Persistance!!!!

Sometimes persistence is the name of the game in genealogy. I mentioned in yesterday's post that I had done a little extra work on a couple of families in my girlfriend's maternal family history. One of the families lacking info was her mother's Bays/Bayse family. Multiple searches were turning up dead ends. The info was there, but I lacked a connection to that info. Finally, RootsWeb World Connect gave me the connection. My girlfriend's great-grandfather was called Byrd. RootsWeb gave me his birth name of Hubbard. That opened the flood gates! Now I can backtrack to Ancestry.com, FamilySearch, World Vital Records, etc. and fill out the story. If the scattering of documents that I skimmed on the initial search after locating Hubbard could make for a fun lineage!

Anxiously awaiting the consultant evaluations from the SLIG. Departure is in nine days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment