Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014

Well, the last 2/3 of December zipped by without a post. Hopefully, 2014 will see more consistency.
Genealogy accomplishments for December:
(1) I helped my girlfriend's cousin connect with his half-brother, nearly 20 years his senior. The half-brother had been adopted by his step-father and the birth certificate was doctored.
(2) I also assembled my girlfriend's maternal genealogy and added some new information to it. The genealogy was a Christmas gift for her mother.

On tap for January:
(1) Attend the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy [Jan. 13-18].
(2)  Resolve the "Was Mathias St. John of Dutch or Norman-Welsh heritage?" issue. [see #1] I was thrilled to find out about the Dutch lineage, then was just about sold on the Welsh ancestry and now I'm leaning back toward the Dutch. Aaargh!
(3) Make sure I add posts nightly from Salt Lake on how the research is going.
(4) Keep the posts coming.
(5) Organize my genealogy files.
(6) Clean up my research room.



No comments:

Post a Comment