Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Why I Went Through Those Stumbling Blocks

For those of you who stuck with me on the "Stumbling Blocks" exercise, THANKS! For those who wonder why I did it - here goes.......

Quite a number of families haven't been looked at since I first entered their info into the Family Tree Maker, Master Genealogist or Roots Magic data bases. Some of those date back to 1995-1999. It was time to look at the hundreds of families to see what was incomplete or missing. Even some the more recent addition were entered and then temporarily forgotten [ignored?] as I went on to research a new family.

I thought it was time to address the long abandoned relatives. New information may be available on them, some of what I have may have been disproved and, in some cases, more investigation is needed. A few of the families could be prime candidates for the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy Problem Solving track.

It is a good idea to dig into the files every now and then to dust off a family and get reacquainted with them. You want to keep the ancestors happy. One of them might let loose of one of those little tidbits you've been hunting for. You never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment