Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Updating Long-ignored Files: The St. John Family

The publication of the Mathias St. John/Sension article mentioned in a recent post has resulted in a new contact. [More on that in a later post.]

It was pointed out that I missed a son of Job St. John in the Family Group Record. I had Josiah listed as a son in Job's bio, but missed him when recording the kids. [If you can, get someone to read your material before you finalize it!] So, I need to go through my four St. John folders to piece together a profile for Josiah.

I also need to record the two new generations [Mathias' parents & grandparents] into my RootsMagic program.

My new contact has requested the deeds & other documents I used to reassign Samuel St. John to [I believe] his correct parents, Mathias II St. John & Elizabeth _______. [He was originally determined to be the son of Mathias III & Rachel Bouton.]

The lesson/suggestion here? When you have some down time in your research, pick a family & check to see what you may have missed or what new research has been conducted. If all is accurate & up to date, at least you have reacquainted yourself with ancestors you haven't visited in awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment