Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tipton & Kokomo Research; Prall Reunion

I've been negligent again! My Crousore-Smith [and Simmons] odyssey took me to Tipton and Kokomo yesterday. I found another good place to eat! Jim Dandy's on Hwy 28 going into Tipton. Nice waitress, good breakfast!

I learned a lesson on the trip: One day per town! After visiting the Tipton Library and Recorder's Office in the morning, I took off for Kokomo. After lunch, I had a short afternoon and ran out of time. Also caught rush hour on I-465. Next time I stay over, even if it's only 50 miles!

I could use a full day in the Howard Co. [Kokomo] Assessor's office and Recorder's office! A little more time in Tipton would be beneficial as well. The new Indiana Room at the Kokomo Library is very impressive!

Research results: I learned that my John Simmons was one of two or three in Tipton Co., so they need to be sorted out. I'm not sure if the grantee deeds are my guy or not. In Kokomo, the Recorder's Office closed before I was finished. Two Crousore deeds are being mailed. I did locate a Smith deed.

Staff: the ladies at the Tipton facilities were great. The ladies at the Kokomo government offices were really helpful.

The Prall Reunion may be postponed due to low registration. More on that in the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment