Saturday, August 18, 2012

Simmons, New Book, Cousins, PFA Reunion

While searching the online databases for the Tipton Co., IN Library, I discovered a 1900 directory that placed my John T. Simmons [then living with son, Charles] on West Walnut St. in Sharpsville. Wish the directory gave the house number!

Cousin Betty Harrell Gerlack [we share my 4th great-grandfather, Cornelius Prall Sr., as our common ancestor] sent a 74 page book that she wrote on our Swart, Tietsoort, Whittaker & Van der Lindt families. There is some really interesting new stuff in the Tietsoort chapter. [That's all I've read so far.] Betty has done a really nice job!

I received an e-mail from one of my cousins in the Philippines last night! She was inquiring about how the Crousores and Pralls tied together. How is it I have cousins in the Philippines? GGM Mima [Simmons] Crail's baby brother, John W. Simmons, served in the Philippines in 1900, married a local girl and stayed on.

The Prall Reunion is regaining life. More as soon as details are sorted out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment