Saturday, July 14, 2012

Smith & Crousore Trips: Part 1

Finally made it to Wilmington, OH & Rushville, IN for rounds 1 & 2 of my Smith & Crousore searches. I checked the 1819 Clinton Co. marriage of John Smith to Elizabeth Crowser. Voila! John was given permission to marry by his father, William Smith!

If an SAR application for Henry Smith, father of William, grandfather of Abraham is remotely correct, and William married Elizabeth Reel, then I may have deeds between William [wife Elizabeth] and John. One deed places William in Highland Co. selling Clinton Co. property to John.

Driving US 52 from I-74 to Rushville is an adventure! Not much luck there. I did copy a couple of deeds that involved a John & Elizabeth Smith.

Strange, not a single land record for the Crousores!!

Next up: Muncie, Delaware Co., IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment