Thursday, July 26, 2012

Muncie Research

I finally made it to Muncie! The genealogy facility in the Carnegie Library on Jackson St. is really nice. Many of their wills, deeds and court records are online. I'd been having fits accessing the site. The Muncie library has a new url, which was part of it. The old url was on other sites [i.e. Gen Web] and  didn't get you to the updated site.

I made copies of a few crucial deeds and a will. I looked at a couple of probate files and a few books. The staff there is incredibly helpful.

Also, I tried out the fare at Richard's Restaurant on M.L. King Blvd. Great breaded pork tenderloin!

Oh, I have the glitches worked out with the Muncie Library site, so if I need to make copies of any more of the online records, it's doable!

Anderson is up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment