Thursday, June 3, 2021

The "New Family Tree"

 Well, it's about time to start posting on the "new family tree" or the birth family. According to my Ancestry DNA test, my heritage is 45% England & NW Europe, 35% Scotland, 15% Ireland & 5% Norway. So far Norway hasn't made an appearance. Maybe that 5% goes back to the Vikings wreaking havoc on the British Isles!😀 

I've started working with my maternal birth line on compiling the tree. However, some bits of info pop up on the paternal line, so they are dealt with as they come. 

I have two trees going. One, public, on Ancestry.com and the other using my RootsMagic software. My Ancestry tree is entitled "A Big Tree." My main focus is on the RootsMagic tree, so it will be detailed more than the Ancestry tree.

The Ancestry tree was created with the assistance of the staff from DNA Detectives. They were at the mercy of  the people who posted the material. As I go through the tree I am finding errors and making corrections. I'm sure incorrect information abounds in lines I have yet to check out.

Fortunately, I have a handful of cousins with whom to compare notes.

So, as the opportunity arises, I will be posting research on different branches of the birth family.

1 comment:

  1. Is there an actual tree that includes all the branches from arent jensen prall to present? I have the book but would love a poster with the whole tree. There are also 2 more generations on my branch. MJPIV and MJPV.

    ReplyDelete