Friday, June 7, 2019

St. John: Antwerp or Wales?

I think the jury is in on the St. John ancestry. Wales appears to be the homeland for the family, rather than Antwerp of the Spanish Netherlands.

It seems that some of the findings in the London records were misinterpreted and some incorrect assumptions were made.

There were other factors involved that do not warrant inclusion here. Suffice it to say, I'm rather disappointed, for several reasons.

1) I spent a week in Salt Lake verifying misinterpreted research.

2) I did not catch the fact that what I was thinking were Dutch church records were not and the consultant did not catch on either.

3) I could have spent the week on another project.

4) I've lost 5 years on updating the St. John family.

I will outline the St. John lineage in the next post.

Note: St. John, for whatever reason, is pronounces Sin-jin in England. That accounts for some early spelling such as Sention, Sension and Senshon.

No comments:

Post a Comment