Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Moving along the Surname Trail

After aa few grueling days of sorting out the Blessing conundrum, I have proceeded examining surname files. I am through the letter B - there are a slew of them!

The most intriguing of the remaining B's is BOWATER. I am satisfied for the moment that I have done all I can on the Bowater issue. The argument at hand is: Was Mary Bowater the wife of Quaker James Wright? The issue seemed to be settled for some time, but arguments have resurfaced that Mrs. Wright was Mary Davis. For my long debate on the subject see my posts from about Jan 30 - Feb 9, 2017.

A-B Surnames:

ACIE            BAKER            BAYNTON    BLESSING     BOWATER
ADAM         BALLINGER   BELKNAP     BLOM             BRACKETT
ALLEN        BARLOW        BENEDICT    BOETTLER    BREWSTER
ALMY         BARLOWE      BERRY          BONNEY        BROWN
ARNOLD    BARNARD      BILLIOU        BORDING

A-B Collateral Surnames:
Atkinson
Blanchan
Brannan

If any of these names generate interest, drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment