Friday, May 11, 2018

More filing, R-W,.including the Simmons family files.

P surnames accomplished. I don't think Puddin the cat appreciates the genealogy files all over his pool table. Hopefully, I can wrap things up today. The S surnames will take awhile, courtesy the Simmons family.

It's amazing how for years you can find information on 2-3 generations, then a breakthrough connects you several more generations.

Such was the case with the Simmonsclan. I had details on Mima Simmons Crail, her parents John T. and Edith [Crousore] Simmons and a bit on grandparents James M. and Hester Jane [Moore] Simmons.

Finding a series of undocumented  pedigree charts online opened up all sorts of possibilities. I followed up on James Morris Simmons vital stats and tracked down his death certificate in Carroll Co., IN. James was buried in Howard Co., as was Hester. As a result, I had incorrectly assumed hr died there. James' parents were listed as John W. and Dolly Simmons. The charts showed Dolly as a Jennison.

I took this info to Salt Lake. I confirmed Dolly as a Jennison right off with a letter she wrote to one of her sisters in 1860. I was able to add to the Simmons family as well.

Mima, John T., James M., John W., John Jr. and John Sr. [the immigrant] made up my Simmons line. I'm fairly confident in another three generation back in England.

Most of my research focused on locating deeds, probate, birth, marriage and death records to confirm the data on the pedigree charts. This was very successful.

My biggest regret was that the heirs of the gentleman who generated the carts would not allow the research company that assisted him to share anything beyond a pedigree chart for "Morris James Simmons."

No comments:

Post a Comment