Monday, December 8, 2014

Wright - Davis - Bowater, SLIG 2015 & a REALLY Long Layoff!

For the handful of people who follow the blog - sorry for the total lack of posts since early October. I just let it get away from me! No excuses.

The Salt Lake Institute is just around the corner, January 12-16. I'm trying to get all of my New England ancestors updated in preparation for the "Diving Deeper into New England" course. I believe there are still a few openings in 3-4 tracks for those who are interested.

One of the non-New England families I've been working on is that of James and Mary Wright, Quaker ministers who lived in Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia. When I first worked on this couple many years ago, Mary Wright was believed to be Mary Davis. Then, "new research" pointed to Mary Bowater being Mrs. Wright. It seems that Mary Wright's maiden name is still open to debate. It may be that my "free research time" in SLC should be devoted to Quaker and Wright research!

No comments:

Post a Comment