Saturday, August 3, 2013

St. John Genealogy - Another Twist!

In an earlier post I mentioned my excitement over Jerome Santken's NEHGS Register article about discovering the ancestry of Mathias St. John. In recent weeks an alternate ancestry has been brought to my attention. Suzanne St. John has been researching a cadet line of the St. Johns with Welsh connections.

Mathias' parents remain the same: Christopher St. John & Joane [possibly Fleming], but the ancestry is vastly different.

Suzanne has been kind enough to provide me with a handful of documents.

I've been trying to wade through the Welsh/English ancestry through various on-line sources. I've decided that this will be a good project for the Salt Lake Institute in January. My research of English, Welsh & Dutch records is very limited, so this will be a great opportunity to hone my skills.

Does the St. John family come from Norman origins or Dutch? That will be the question I hope to be able to answer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment